Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Of " How are you? " 's ...and how much they matter...

I wonder how many of us have thought about how important it is to ask another person this question ,



Here is some food for thought :

Most of the time , when we meet someone it seems like the most obvious thing to say " Hey , How are you? " ...but i wonder , how many of us really mean to ask it.. and how many of us wait for a response , only then continue with the conversation ahead...


I recently met someone after very long, who is sooo full of herself/himself (i'm not getting into those details), that the person did not even bother asking me, even once, in the 3 - 4 days that i continuously met the person ,as to how i was!

In the begining i did not even realise that i was not asked THE question... but as days passed by , and as i kept listening to stories about whats happening in her/his life ...
I finally realised..not only had i not spoken much! (not that im complaining about not being able to talk , considering how much i love not to!)... but neither had i been asked EVEN ONCE in the last 4 days as to HOW I WAS!
Wow!! it really woke me up!! and made me think and realise how important it is to ask someone , more than just casually  , " How are you my dear one? " ...

It makes soo much of a difference! It just shows that you too care .. and that you are there .. with him/her in that conversation...as someone who matters..
Over time and growing up , i have realised a few things , and this definitely is one of them!
I'd probably even ask a stranger , i've just met, as to how they're doing! Maybe , some of you think thats taking it too far , thats fine.. i could agree to an extent! but that's just me! :)

How many of you will actually now on not forget to ask  the next person you meet or talk to today ,  " How are you? " , " my dear one " .. is something i would love to add, depending on how dear the person is ;)

Is there anyone who doesn't agree with me? I'd love to hear from you and exchange views  :)

No comments: