Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Prayer.....

Look, God, I have never spoken to You,
But now I want to say, “How do You do?”
You see, God, they told me You didn’t exist,
And like a fool, I believed all this.

Last night from a shellhole I saw Your sky.
I realized right then they’d told me a lie.
Had I taken the time to see things You’ve made,
I’d have known they weren’t calling a spade a spade.

I wonder, God, if You’d shake my hand?
Somehow I feel You would understand.
Funny I had to come to this hellish place
Before I had time to see Your face.

I suppose there isn’t much more to say.
But I’m glad, God, I met You today.
I guess “Zero Hour” will soon be here.
But I’m not afraid, since I know You are near.

The signal: Well, God, I’ll have to go.
I like You a lot, and I want You to know.
Look now, this will be a horrible fight.
Who knows? I may come to Your home tonight.

Though I wasn’t friendly to You before,
I wonder, God, if You’ll wait at Your door?
It’s not a matter of worry or tears;
I just wish I had known You all these years.

Well, I have to go now, God. Goodbye.
Strange—since I met You, I’m not afraid to die.

No comments: